Film grain simulates the look of organic grain found in footage shot on film. Create harsh grain for stylistic looks or go for a more fine grain to create some atmosphere.
Film Grain comes with a few controls to help you nail down the specific look you want.
- Denoise reduces digital noise found in digital camera video to eliminate articafts.
- Blend Mode selects the way that the film grain interacts with the source footage for a greater variety of looks.
- Intensity increases the density and harshness of the film grain.
- Size makes the grain bigger or smaller.
- Balance choose whether the film grain is applied more to the highlight or shadow areas. Keep it at 0 for an even look.
- Mix controls the overall mix of the film grain and source video.