Crop Borders quickly eliminates unsightly borders that might frame your video clips. The different presets in Crop Borders allow you to display footage from alternate sources such as old movies. The crops made by Crop Borders make your footage more compatible for further modifications, including transitions, picture in picture, or even rendering to streaming formats that do not need video overscan.
Set the horizontal and vertical crop width to cut out the unsightly edges, then choose one of four crop styles from the dropdown.
- Horiz Crop sets the width of the cropping on the left and right sides of the picture.
- Vert Crop sets the width of the cropping on the top and bottom of the picture.
- Feather softens the edges around your crop (Only applies to Overlay and Transparent crop styles).
- Crop Style lets you select from a handful of formats for cropping your image:
- Scale stretches the picture to cover the borders.
- Overlay crops the image and places a stretched copy of it underneath the cropped image, so the borders are filled with the same image.
- Extend crops the image and extends the edge pixels out to the border.
- Transparent crops the image and leaves the borders transparent so a separate image can be placed behind on a background track.