Place this effect on the clip and increase Magnify and Size. Then change the Origin position to center the lens over the area to be magnified. Next adjust the Shape, Size, Aspect Ratio, and Magnify values to properly magnify the desired area. Next, adjust the View position to set where the magnified image will be displayed. Finally, adjust the Border group Color, Width, and Feather values if a border is desired around the magnified area.
- The Placement group defines the position, size, and shape of the magnified area:
- Origin sets the source location of the magnification area. It should be centered over the area to be magnified.
- View sets the location where the magnified image will be displayed onscreen.
- Magnify sets the amount to magnify the area. A value of 1 is no magnification at all. Magnification increases as this value is increased.
- Shape sets shape of the area to be magnified. Options include Oval, Rectangle, and Diamond.
- Size sets the size of the magnified area.
- Aspect Ratio sets the aspect of the magnified area. Values less then 0 will be wider than tall while values greater than 0 will be taller than wide.
- The Border group defines the border around the magnified area:
- Color sets the color of the border.
- Width sets the width of the border.
- Feather softens the edges of the border.
- The Background group adjusts the look of the background image behind the magnified image
- Dim lowers the brightness of the background image
- Blur softens and defocuses the background image
- Select a preset from the long list of choices.
- Open your saved presets using Open Preset, or
- Save your own presets using Save Preset As. Each saved preset is given a file extension unique to the effect type, so it cannot be loaded into another plugin accidentally.