Shadows and Highlights helps correct lighting problems, providing a software fill light for underexposed areas and a dampener for overexposed highlights. It also allows for fine-tuning of your image with Saturation/Color and Contrast controls
- The Shadow dropdown contains controls that create a fill light effect by lightening dark areas.
- Fill sets the amount of fill light to add.
- Range determines the cut off of brightness, below which the image is lightened. At its lowest setting, only the very darkest areas of the picture get fill light.
- The Highlight dropdown contains controls that dampen the brightest parts of the image.
- Dampen sets the amount of bright spot reduction.
- Range determines the cutoff of light intensity above which the light is dampened. At its lowest setting, only the very brightest areas of the picture get dampened.
- Color adjusts the strength of colors in your image
- Contrast adjusts the overall range of tones in your image.