What it does: Shadows and Highlights helps correct lighting problems, providing a software fill light for underexposed areas and a dampener for overexposed highlights.
How to use it: Use the Shadow controls to increase the exposure of dark areas in the picture and the Highlight controls to dampen highlights. Further fine tune the image with the Color and Contrast controls.
- The Shadow controls create a fill light effect by lightening dark areas.
- Fill sets the amount of fill light to add.
- Range determines the cut off of brightness, below which the image is lightened. At its lowest setting, only the very darkest areas of the picture get fill light.
- The Highlight controls dampen the brightest parts of the image.
- Dampen sets the amount of bright spot reduction.
- Range determines the cutoff of light intensity above which the light is dampened. At its lowest setting, only the very brightest areas of the picture get dampened.
- Color adjusts the color saturation.
- Contrast adjusts the mid level contrast, between the dark shadow and the bright highlight.