Place this effect on the clip and then check which pieces are to be displayed, the FPS, and whether it should count up or down in the Time Format group. Next set the Size, Position, Font, Color, and Rectangle settings in the Draw section. Finally set the Start Time settings to determine the beginning value if you do not wish to start at zero.
- The Draw group defines the position, size, color, and background of the drawn text:
- Position sets the location of the text display.
- Size sets the size of the text.
- Font sets the font to be used.
- Text sets the color of the text.
- Background color picker sets the color of the background rectangle.
- Background control sets the opacity of the rectangle background color. At 0, the background rectangle is invisible. At 100, the background rectangle is fully opaque.
- Overlay sets whether the background will be transparent or opaque. Check this box and the background will be opaque. Uncheck this box and the clip will show through behind the Time Clock.
- The Time Format group defines which time values to display, formats the display, and determines if it counts up or down:
- Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Frames sets whether or not to display that value. For example, to show only minutes and seconds, only check the Minutes and Seconds checkboxes.
- Separator sets the character which separates the Hours, Minutes, Seconds, and Frames.
- FPS sets the Frames per Second the effect will use. This can be set to a different value than the project.
- Count Down sets whether the clock should count down instead of up. If set to count down, typically an initial start time would be entered.
- The Start Time group defines the starting time for the counter:
- Hour, Minute, Second, and Frame set the initial values for the Hour, Minute, Second, and Frame displays.