First, adjust the Edge parameters to set how defined the edge lines are to be. Next, adjust the Glow controls to set the color and strength of the glow around the lines. Finally, set the Mix controls to dial in how much of the original picture is used and to optionally glow apart from detected edges.
- The Edge group sets up the initial outlines used in the effect.
- Density sets the quantity of lines drawn. Lower this value to have only the most prominent lines stand out.
- Contrast controls the threshold in which an edge is included in the line rendering. At lower values, every detail in the image will be outlined. At higher values only a few prominent edges will be highlighted.
- Weight affects how thick the lines are drawn.
- Soften blurs the edges of the lines. Choose low values for distinct line edges. Choose higher values to soften the lines.
- The Glow group controls the colored glow around the lines.
- Blur adjusts how far the glow is feathered away from the line center.
- Color sets the color of the glow. Use the color dropper to select a color directly from the video. Or, click on the color swatch to create or edit the color directly.
- Tint controls how much of the selected color is introduced into the glow.
- Brightness sets the luminance intensity of the glow.
- The Mix group controls the amount of original picture and edge inclusion.
- Picture determines how much of the original image will be mixed in behind the glowing outline.
- Ignore Edges turns off the edge detection and applies the glowing effect to the entire image based on luminance values.
- Attack controls how fast the transition move from start to full effect.
- Release controls how fast the transition moves from full effect to end.
- Cross Fade sets the percentage of the transition that includes a cross fade of the from one clip to the next. Turn down Cross Fade for an abrupt switch between images. Turn it up for a gradual mix.