Edge Smoother selectively softens jaggy edges on text and graphics to gel your scenes together — it's the next best thing to true antialiasing.
Place this on a clip that appears too dull, dark, or otherwise washed out. Set Intensity to 100 as a starting point while playing the clip, then decrease Intensity as desired. Finally, adjust Vibrance to get the right look.
- Intensify increases the relative strength of the automatic contrast for each frame. If you see little or no effect, that means the image already has high contrast. In footage with varying contrast throughout, such as walking from inside a house to the sunny outdoors, Auto Contrast helps compensate and evens things out.
- Vibrance is a special type of saturation that boosts natural tones without appearing harsh. You can also decrease it if you want the image to appear duller.
- Info opens the Information Dialog.
- Help opens this help document.
- Activate opens the Activation Manager
- Presets opens the Presets drop-down that allows you to choose from a list of presets as well as save or load your own presets from disk (for sharing with other projects and even other NLEs).
Select a preset form the preset list, load a saved preset or save your current settings as a new preset for use in the future. Presets are saved with unique extensions, so they cannot be opened by other plugins accidentally.