What it does: Psycho Strobe transitions between two clips, generating a sequence of fast cuts and bright flashes of light.
How to use it: First prepare the strobe light source using the Flash control group. Then adjust the timing of the flashes using the Timing control group.
- The Flash group sets how the actual flash will appear:
- Saturation adjusts the color strength of the flashes. At 0, the colors remain unchanged. Turn down Saturation to remove color; turn it up to enhance the colors.
- Contrast increases the contrast between dark and light in the flashes.
- Brightness adjusts the brightness of the flashes.
- Glow sets the strength of the glow. Lower this all the way to show just the original image. Turn it up all the way to increase the intensity of the glow until it becomes a harsh light.
- Glow Color sets the color of the actual glow. Use the color dropper to select a color directly from the video. Or, click on the color swatch to create or edit the color directly.
- The Timing group sets up the frequency and timing of the flashes:
- Rate sets how quickly the image will flash.
- Decay adjusts the fade-out of flashes.
- Cross Fade sets the percentage of the transition that includes a cross fade of the image from the first to second clip. Turn down Cross Fade for an abrupt switch between images. Turn it up for an increasingly gradual mix.