What it does: Transitions between two video clips by rotating and blurring the image around any point in the picture.
How to use it: Use the controls to manipulate the effect.
- Spin set the strength (or blur length) of the spin. Turn right to increase the length. Turn left to decrease.
- Direction set the direction of the blur around the original image. By default, the spin direction is 0, indicating a blur with the original image in its center. Turn to the left to make the blur rotate to the left of the image or turn to the right to shift the blur to the right.
- Cross Fade set the percentage of the transition that includes a cross fade of the image from first to second clip. Turn to the left for an abrupt switch between images. Turn to the right for an increasingly gradual mix.
- Set the origin of the spin with the Center control. Either drag the knob or type in X and Y values.
- Strong spins result in faded picture edges. This occurs because the original image is spun in to create the blur, leaving the edges exposed. You can select the background to display behind the edges by clicking on one of the radio buttons in the Background box:
- First Clip display the clip entering the transition as background.
- Second Clip display the clip leaving the transition as background.
- Transparent store the fade level in the alpha channels so alternate images or footage can be placed in the background.
- Blended display the mix of the two video clips as background.