What it does: Charcoal converts your video image into a line drawing and morphs it into the second clip.
How to use it: Set the charcoal drawing behavior and then choose colors for the charcoal and underlying surface.
- Details controls how many details in the picture to draw.
- Width sets the width of the charcoal lines.
- Contrast increases the contrast between dark and light in the picture, removing gray shades.
- Charcoal sets the pen color used for drawing the lines. Use the color dropper or color swatch to choose and edit a color.
- Surface sets the background color. Use the color dropper to select a color directly from the video. Or, click on the color swatch to create or edit the color directly.
- Tempo sets the speed at which the effect changes the image. For a sudden change, set the Tempo high. For a gradual change, set it low.
- Cross Fade sets the percentage of the transition that includes a cross fade of the image from first to second clip. Turn down Cross Fade for an abrupt switch between images. Turn it up for an increasingly gradual mix.