Impressionist breaks the video image into small paint strokes which can be manipulated to create a wide range of painting styles.
Set the picture color properties and then design the paint style by setting up the brush parameters.
- Color Shift shifts the colors around the color wheel, for example so blues become greens and greens become yellows. This is useful to effect a subtle (or not so subtle) change in the color palette.
- Color adjusts the color richness, or saturation of the image. Turn this down to remove color; turn it up to enhance the colors.
- Brightness sets the over all light level of the image.
- Contrast sets the image contrast. Above 0 increases contrast, for darker darks and lighter lights. Below 0 reduces contrast, resulting in a duller image.
- Brush Size determines the size and quantity of brush strokes. Turn it up for large, bold strokes. Turn it down for small, finely detailed strokes.
- Random Size causes the brush size to vary.
- The Brush Stroke option sets the shape of the stroke, from a simple dot to a long line.
- Brush Angle and sets the direction of the brush stroke.
- The Random Angle option randomizes the brush angle.
- Smoothing rounds the brush strokes into soft blobs instead of hard rectangles.
- The Lock Variations option forces Impressionist to use the same brush positions for subsequent frames. This removes the jittering caused by the random motion of the paint blobs from frame to frame.
- Blend sets the mix between the original image and the painted image. Use this to bring a little of the original detail back into the picture.