Some Titler Live products can connect to the NewTek DataLink database and display incoming data in graphics. Complete the steps in this article to a DataLink feed.
Note: This feature is not available in Titler Live Social, Present, or Express.
- In Titler Live's playout interface, open a project (if a project isn't already open) and select a graphic in the playlist.
Tip: Want to create a new graphic? Open the Library panel and drag a design from the library to the playlist. If you create a new graphic with a NewTek DataLink design from the library's Inputs section, your graphic is already connect to a NewTek DataLink input, so go to step 3. If you create a new graphic from the library's Designs section, complete step 2 to add the NewTek DataLink input to your graphic.
- Choose Inputs > Sports > NewTek DataLink and select a sport to add the NewTek DataLink input to the graphic.
The NewTek DataLink input appears in the Input drop-down list in the Attributes panel and in the playlist for that graphic. In addition, the NewTek DataLink input and its variables appear in the Edit / Preview panel.
- You can also add inputs to a graphic from the Input drop-down list in the Attributes panel or playlist.
- To remove an input from a graphic, right-click (Windows) or Control + click (Mac) on the name of an input in the Edit / Preview panel and choose Remove input.
- Select your TriCaster device from the drop-down list in the NewTek DataLink panel. If your TriCaster doesn't appear in the list, click Scan to check for devices on your network.
Important! Disable the LivePanel password. This setting can be found in the Administration Tools from your TriCaster.
- Click the Show Inputs button in the Edit / Preview panel to view the NewTek DataLink input and variables. (If the input's variables aren't visible, expand the NewTek DataLink list.)
- Click and drag a NewTek DataLink variable onto an object in your graphic. Repeat this step for each variable you want to include in your graphic.
Tip: To disconnect a variable from an object in your graphic, right-click a variable in the Edit / Preview panel and choose Disconnect variable.
The data for your DataLink input is now visible in your graphic and is updated in real time.