If you use Adobe After Effects and are licensed for Titler Live Broadcast, you can export After Effects compositions with changeable variables, including image, video, and text layers, as Titler Live projects.
Note: This feature is available only in Titler Live Broadcast.
Give us feedback: We invite feedback as we continue to strengthen the scope and flexibility of this feature. Please send questions and project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sections in this article:
- Export features and limitations
- Video of exporting After Effects projects
- Steps to export After Effects projects
After Effects exports the following types of layers for use in your Titler Live design:
- Text layers export as editable text with font, color, bold, and italic attributes.
- Solid layers export as editable rectangles with width, height, and color attributes.
- Image and video layers export as editable objects.
- Other layer types export as video assets.
Exported layers also include the following attributes:
- start and end times
- position, rotation, and scale
- common blending modes
- track mattes
However, please note a few limitations:
- Shape layers export as video, not as editable objects.
- Keyframes don't export.
- Animations don't export with layers that are tagged as variables, but you can add effects, transitions, and keyframes to the exported layers in Titler Live to re-create the animations.
Note: Although this video features Titler Pro, this process is the same in Titler Live.
- Open a project in Adobe After Effects.
- Navigate to the composition you want to export, then choose Composition > Include in NewBlue Title Export.
- Trim the composition's work area to include only the segment you want to export.
Caption: After Effects timeline with trimmed work area.
- In the Effects & Presets panel, expand the NewBlue Title Exporter section, then click and drag the Variable Tagger effect onto each layer that you want to export as a variable. The After Effects layers, which can be turned into changeable variables, are text, solids, images, and videos. Currently, shapes are not supported.
Caption: After Effects Project panel showing a layer's details with the Variable Tagger effect.
- In the composition timeline, position the playhead where the layers tagged as variables are in their resting position. Because animations are not included in the export, the playhead's position determines the layer's static position.
- If you want to include multiple compositions in one export, repeat steps 2-5 for each composition.
- Choose File > Export > NewBlue Titles.
- In the Select Folder window, navigate to the location where you want to export the compositions.
- In Titler Live, open a Titler Live project and click the Edit Title Design button in the Edit / Preview panel or Attributes panel.
- In the Title Designer, choose File > Open open the new Titler Live project file (*.nbtitle). The variables you created are in the Scene > Variables panel.
Tip: If you want to re-create any animations that were in the original After Effects composition, you can use Titler Live animations from the Library or use the keyframes.