If you installed Titler Pro 7 Express for Avid, complete the following steps to add Titler Pro graphics as effects in new and existing Avid Media Composer projects.
- Open or create a project in Media Composer.
Note: Graphics are automatically recached the first time you open a project that includes graphics that were created in Titler Pro 7. The preview window shows a message when Titler Pro 7 Express is preparing a graphic. You can preview each graphic after it is recached. You can also open a graphic in the Title Designer and view the recaching progress, which is indicated by the green circle around the Play button.
- Add a video track.
- Add edit points in the timeline where you want to insert the Titler Pro graphic. To do so, click the Add Edits button in the Tool Palette, then click the location in the timeline where you want to edit the track.
- Click NewBlue Titler Pro 7 in the Effect Palette and drag the Titler Pro effect to the edit points in the timeline.
- Right-click the Titler Pro effect in the timeline and choose Add/Edit Title. The new graphic opens in Titler Pro.
- In Titler Pro's workspace, select a design from the library and customize the graphic's variables in the Attributes panel.
Tip: To select a different design from Titler Pro's library, see Choose designs from the library in Titler Pro 7 Express.
- When you finish customizing the graphic and variables, choose File > Save As and follow the prompts to select a file location and enter a name for the graphic.
- Titler Pro saves the *.nbtitle project file and cache to the location you select.
- The graphic's resolution and frame rate are determined by the project's settings in Media Composer.
- Close Titler Pro 7 Express.
Note: If the Media Composer project includes more than one Titler Pro graphic, you may be prompted to save the graphics together or separately. If you select Save Together, Titler Pro 7 Express saves all graphics to the same file location and with a file name that is based on the same name. If you select Save Separately, you will be prompted to save one graphic at a time, which allows you to save each graphic with a custom file location or file name.
- To change the duration of the graphic, click and drag the edge of the effect in the timeline.