When you customize graphics in the Designer, you can add transitions presets that can behave as in and out fades, fly ins, slide ins, warps. and many more. Depending on the transition preset you apply, a variety of unique attributes are accessible to customize the motion and behavior of that transition preset.
Tip: You can use keyframes to customize transitions in a design. See Animate design layers with keyframes for details.
Add new transitions
- In Titler Live's playout interface, select a graphic layer from the Layers workspace, then click the Edit Graphic button in the Preview panel.
- In the Designer, select a design layer in the canvas or Timeline workspace.
- Open the Library panel and select Transitions from the drop-down list at the top of Library panel.
- To browse transitions in the library:
- Double-click a folder to browse transitions within that category.
- Hover your pointer over a transition to preview the transition preset on your design layer in the canvas. (A design layer must be selected to preview the transition.
- To add a transition to the design layer double-click a transition.
Tip: You can drag and drop a transition onto any object in the workspace or timeline.
When you add a transition to a design layer, the Properties> Layer > Transitions tab opens, which includes editable attributes for the selected transition. See the Customize transitions section below for more information.
To access transitions in a design layer, click a design layer in the Designer's canvas or Timeline workspace, then click the Properties > Layer > Transitions tab.
Isolate a layer in a composition to prevent the design layer from cutting into other design layers in the graphic.
Note: Isolated design layers render separately from other design layers, which takes longer to render the graphic.
1. Select a design layer in the Designer's canvas or Timeline workspace
2. Properties > Layer > Motion & Data > mark the Isolate Layer checkbox.
Adjust preset transition attributes
Transition attributes appear in separate drop-down sections named for the transition that's applied to a design layer in your graphic.
Adjust any of attributes that are available for a transition, or select predefined settings from the Preset drop-down list.
Note: You can change preset settings, but if you select a different preset, your changes to the previously selected preset will not be saved.