Titler Live Broadcast and Sport can connect to the Stat Crew database and display incoming statistical data in graphics. Complete the steps in this article to connect to Stat Crew Stats.
Note: This feature is not available in Titler Live Present.
- In Titler Live's playout interface, open a project (if a project isn't already open) and select a graphic in the playlist.
Tip: Want to create a new graphic? Open the Graphics Library panel and drag a design from the library to your channel. You may also select File > New > Graphic to add an empty graphic template to your channel.
- From the Layers list select the data controller column for the graphic layer you want to add the Stat Crew Stats data controller on. To find the Stat Crew data controller; Select a data source > Sports > Stat Crew Stats 2 and select a sport and the type of data you want.
Tip: For the best results, use a graphic that matches the name of the data controller template (e.g., Acrylic Corner Info is best paired with any sport and the Corner Info Stat data controller template).
The Stat Crew Stats data appears as a tab in the Layer Properties panel and is indicated by the name of the controller you’ve connected to the layer.
- Click your Stat Crew Stats.
Enter the path of the Stat Crew Stats xml file on your local network. Once a path has been assigned, click the arrow next to the browse button.
To select a file from your local disk, click on browse and navigate to the file. Click ok. Once a file is chosen, click the arrow next to the browse button.
If the status light in the top-right corner of the Stat Crew Stats panel is green , then your XML file is connected and the Stat Crew Stats input is receiving data as expected. If the status icon is red, you have one of the following issues:
- Your Stat Crew XML is not connected. Reload the XML file or repeat the previous steps to re-enter or select the XML file's path or URL.
- Your Stat Crew XML is connected, but it is not receiving the expected data for the sport you selected from the Data Controllers in step 2. Repeat the previous steps to connect to a different XML file or Stat Crew Stats input.
- Once the correct XML source has been assigned, you may then begin to configure the data assignments. The Data Controller sport and data template type will determine which data can be configured for your graphic layer. In this example we used Acrylic Corner Info as our graphic and have assigned Stat Crew Stats: Baseball, Home Corner Info as the data controller. This data controller contains a template to select a player and 10 different stats to be represented from any selected player.
- Use the Player drop down menu to select any player. This list will generate based on the players that exist on the XML source file that has been connected to the data controller.
- Use the Stats drop down menus to select any stats that you wish to be represented in your graphic. When a stat type is selected in the drop down, the graphic will display the stat label for that stat and the value of that stat for the selected player from the Player drop down.
- Once your stats have been configured to your preference, selecting any player from the Player drop down menu will auto populate the configured stats for the selected player onto the graphic as a live update.
- If there are missing data links between the graphic and the data controller, click the Link Data button from the Preview panel to view the Stat Crew Stats input variables.
- Click and drag a Stat Crew Stats variable onto an object in your graphic. This action will link the input variable to a visual element on the graphic such as text. Repeat this step for each variable you want to include in your graphic.
Tip: To disconnect a variable from a visual element in your graphic, right-click a variable in the Preview panel and choose Disconnect variable.