RSS feeds can display incoming data, such as news tickers, in graphics. Complete the steps in this article to connect to an RSS feed.
Note: This feature is not available in Titler Live Sport.
Set up your graphic for an RSS feed
- In Titler Live's playout interface, open a project (if a project isn't already open) and select a graphic layer from your channel.
- Select the new Graphic Layer in the Layer Workspace(if it's not already selected), then choose Select a data source > General > RSS Reader > New Input.
- The RSS Reader data controller appears in the 3rd tab in the Layer Properties panel and in the Data Source column on that Graphic Layer in your channel. In addition, the RSS Reader data controller and its variables appear in the Preview panel
Tip: To remove a data source from a graphic, Select a data source > General > RSS Reader > Choose None in the Data Source column.
Connect a single or multiple RSS feeds to your graphic
- In the RSS Reader panel, name your input and assign an RSS URL, then click Add Input. Repeat this step to add additional RSS feeds to the graphic.
- Click the Link Data button in the Preview panel to view the RSS Reader input and variables.
- Click and drag an RSS variable onto design element in your graphic. Repeat this step for each variable you want to include in your graphic.
Tip: To remove an input from a graphic layer navigate to the Preview panel. Click the link data button, then right click on the data source name and choose Remove input.
- Click the Start All button in the RSS Reader panel to display real-time data from the RSS feed in your graphic.
The RSS feed data input is now visible in your graphic and updated in real time.