Some Titler Live products can retrieve data from RSS feeds and display incoming data, such as news tickers, in graphics. Complete the steps in this article to connect to an RSS feed.
Note: This feature is not available in Titler Live Social, Sport, or Express.
- In Titler Live's playout interface, open a project (if a project isn't already open) and select a graphic in the playlist.
- Want to create a new graphic? Open the Library panel and drag a design from the library to the playlist. Designs in the library's Inputs > Spreadsheet collection are already connected to a spreadsheet input.
- Want to customize a graphic in the Title Designer and add new variables? See Create variables in designs. (The Title Designer is not available in Titler Live Express.)
- Choose Inputs > General > RSS Reader > New Input. (Skip this step if you created a graphic from a design in the library's Inputs > Spreadsheet collection, which includes designs that are already connected to a spreadsheet input.)
The RSS Reader input appears in the Input drop-down list in the Attributes panel and in the playlist for that graphic. In addition, the RSS Reader input and its variables appear in the Edit / Preview panel.
- You can also add inputs to a graphic from the Input drop-down list in the Attributes panel or playlist.
- To remove an input from a graphic, right-click (Windows) or Control + click (Mac) on the name of an input in the Edit / Preview panel and choose Remove input.
- In the RSS Reader panel, enter an Input Name and RSS URL, then click Add Input. Repeat this step to add additional RSS feeds to the graphic.
- Click the Show Inputs button in the Edit / Preview panel to view the RSS Reader input and variables. (If the input's variables aren't visible, expand the RSS Reader list.)
- Click and drag an RSS variable onto an object in your graphic. Repeat this step for each variable you want to include in your graphic.
Tip: To disconnect a variable from an object in your graphic, right-click a variable in the Edit / Preview panel and choose Disconnect variable.
- Click the Start All button in the RSS Reader panel to display real-time data from the RSS feed in your graphic.
The RSS feed data input is now visible in your graphic and updated in real time.