- Open a project or create a new project for a live event.
- In Setup, update project settings that are unique to the next broadcast, such as the graphics, data sources, videos, and outputs. For details, see Creating your first project in Vegas Stream.
When you finish updating the project's settings, click Done in Setup to save the settings to the project's current session. Then, if you want to save the project's settings for future sessions, click File > Save from within the playout interface.
- We recommend you create a unique project for each type of live event that you plan to broadcast. To create a new project with settings that are similar to an existing project (such as the video sources, audio sources, and outputs), open a similar project, click File > Save As and save a copy of the project with a different name, then change only the settings that are different in the new project.
- In Vegas Stream's playout interface, click a graphic in the playlist to preview it and, if applicable, enter names, titles, or other information.
For details, see the following articles.
Need to connect a graphic to a data source? If you select a graphic that needs to be connected to a data source (for example, a spreadsheet for statistics), either Vegas Stream will prompt you to connect the graphic to a data source, or you can select a data source in the Graphic Controls panel.
- To Stream a broadcast, please see the following article for details.
- To record a broadcast, including the output and its sources (if those options are enabled in Settings > Recording), click the Record button at the top of the playout interface. The button will be green when Vegas Stream is ready to record. Once you click on it, the button will turn red and begin recording. For more details, see Record broadcasts.
- Select a video source in the Video Switcher to include that video source in the live output. For details, see Switch video sources during broadcasts.
- To save the project, choose File > Save As, name the project, select Vegas Stream with Assets from the drop-down list, and click Save. For details, see Save and package Vegas Stream projects to your computer.
- Click Play for each graphic and video in the playlist that you want to broadcast.
Tip: You can adjust audio input levels and the master volume during a broadcast in Settings > Audio Input. For details, see Control audio levels during broadcasts.
Have more questions? Submit a request