This article describes how to configure and use transitions in Vividcast.
- Start by adding the transitions of your choosing to your playlist
- In the playout interface, select a transition from the playlist. If no variables appear in the Properties panel then proceed to Using Transitions in your Broadcast.
The Properties panel shows variables in the transition that you can update. These will usually be editable text, selectable images, and/or color.
The Graphic Preview panel shows changes in the transition as you update variables. If you hover the pointer over the preview, boxes appear around variables in the graphic, which you can click and update instead of using the fields in the Properties panel.
- In Properties, enter information for each variable that you want to update. VividCast updates the graphic as you update each variable.
Using Transitions in your Broadcast
- Click the white dot to the right of the transition that you want to use. The dot will turn yellow, indicating that the transition is queued and ready to use.
Note: clicking on the transition thumbnail image does not queue it. The only way to queue a transition is to click on the dot. Additionally, it does not matter if you have another transition loaded in the Properties or Graphic Preview panels, the transition with the yellow dot is the one that will play.
- Once the transition is queued, simply click on another source in the Video Switcher and the transition will play, revealing the video source you selected.
Note: currently Transitions can only be used with live video sources. You cannot use them to transition from live video to a video file, or between two video files.
- After playing the transition is automatically unqueued. To use it again you will need to press the white button.