Each Titler Live project includes at least one channel when starting a new project. Channels are used for adding layers to your production. These layers can be a graphics, media files, and live video sources.
Titler Live Present and Sport allow you to create only 1 channel, but in Titler Live Broadcast you can create 16 channels.
The following can be done to manage your channels:
- Add graphic layers to a channel
- Replace a graphic layer in a channel
- Delete a graphic layer in a channel
- Add a media file layer to a channel
- Add a live video source layer to a channel
- Reorder layers in a channel
- Replace a graphic in a channel
- Delete a layer from a channel
- Rename a channel
- Add a channel
- Delete a channel
- Launch Titler Live. The first time you open Titler Live, a new project opens with a new channel named "Channel 1". If you previously used Titler Live, the project you used most recently will open.
- Open the Graphics Library panel, then click and drag a design from the graphics library to the bottom of the Layers list labeled "To add a new Layer, drag a Graphic from the Library".
You may also right-click on the Layers list then select Import > Graphic to open any saved graphics (.nbtitle) from a file destination on your machine. Repeat this step to add more graphics to a playlist.
Tip: The option to select and drag multiple graphics from a file browser window directly onto the Layers list can also be done to add graphic layers to your channel.
To customize graphic layers, see articles in the Customize text, objects, and scenes section of our help center.
Titler Live renders a graphic layer after you add a graphic(s) to a channel. A graphic layer's grey status circle turns green with a checkmark after the graphic is fully rendered.
Important: Wait until a graphic layer finishes rendering before you push it live to ensure the graphic plays smoothly during a broadcast.
To change the default text or other fields like color and images of a graphic layer's variables, click a graphic layer in the channel (if the graphic isn't already selected) and update the variables in the Layer Properties panel. Repeat this step for each graphic layer in the channel for additional changes.
See Update variables in live graphics for more information.
Note: A graphic layer renders each time you update the content within a variable.
Your Channel is now ready to broadcast.
Drag and drop a design from the library onto the graphic that you want to replace in the playlist.
Right-click on the graphic you want to delete, choose Delete, and click Yes when prompted to confirm the deletion.
Add a media file layer to a channel
Right-click on the Layers list then select Import > Media to add an audio, image, or video file as a layer. Repeat this step to add more media layers to a channel.
Add a live video layer to a channel
Right-click on the Layers list then select New > Live Video to add a live video source as a layer. These live video layers can be NDI feeds in your local network, video capture devices connected to your machine, or browser sources. Repeat this step to add more media layers to a channel. See Play live video source layers to learn more.
Custom names can help you identify graphic layers in a channel.
- Select a layer in the channel.
- Double-click the layer's name within the Name column of the Layers list.
- Enter a new name.
- Press the TAB/ENTER key to save the new name.
Complete one of the following steps to change the order of layers in a channel.
Click and drag a layer to a new position in the playlist.
Right-click on a layer and choose Move Up or Move Down from the context menu.
- Double-click the name of a channel.
- Enter a new name.
- Press ENTER to save the new name.
In Titler Live Broadcast you can create 16 playlists. In Titler Live Present and Sport only up to 1 channel.
Click the +Add Channel button.
You can delete a channel if you have more than one channel added to your project.
Right-click on the name of a channel, choose Delete, and click Yes when prompted to confirm the removal.