Titler Live Broadcast and Sport can connect to the NewTek DataLink database and display incoming data in graphics. Complete the steps in this article to a DataLink feed.
- In Titler Live's playout interface, open a project (if a project isn't already open) and select a graphic in the playlist.
Tip: Want to create a new graphic? Open the Graphics Library panel and drag a graphic from the library to your channel. If you create a new graphic with a NewTek DataLink design from the library's Inputs section, your graphic is already connect to a NewTek DataLink input, so go to step 3. If you create a new graphic from the library's Designs section, complete step 2 to add the NewTek DataLink input to your graphic.
- Choose Select data controller > Sports > NewTek DataLink and select a sport to add the NewTek DataLink input to the graphic.
The NewTek DataLink data appears as a tab in the Layer Properties panel and in the Layers workspace for that graphic layer. In addition, the NewTek DataLink data and its variables appear in the Live Data tab in the same panel and in the playlist.
- Select your TriCaster device from the drop-down list in the NewTek DataLink tab. If your TriCaster doesn't appear in the list, click Scan to check for devices on your network.
- Click the Link Data button in the Preview panel to view the NewTek DataLink data source and variables. (If the input's variables aren't visible, expand the NewTek DataLink list.)
- Click and drag a NewTek DataLink variable onto an object in your graphic. Repeat this step for each variable you want to include in your graphic.
Tip: To disconnect a variable from an object in your graphic, right-click a variable in the Preview panel and choose Disconnect variable.
The data for your DataLink input is now visible in your graphic and is updated in real time.