- In VEGAS Stream, choose File > New. We recommend you create a unique project for each type of live event that you plan to broadcast.
A new window will open allowing you to Create a new project, Open an existing project, or select from a list of Template Projects.
- To create a brand new blank project, select Create a new project. The Project Settings window will open.
- In Setup > Project, set up the following details.
- Select the live output's preset resolution and frame rate. For details, see Set the live output's resolution and frame rate.
- In Video Input, select up to four video sources in Stream For details, see Add video sources.
- In Audio Input, select up to four audio sources in Stream from any video source added to the project and any microphone connected to your computer. For details, see Add audio sources.
- In Graphics, select graphics that you want to add to the project's playlist, including lower thirds, bugs, full page graphics, and more. For details, see the following article.
- Optional: In Media, add video clips to include in a project's playlist. For details, see the following articles.
- In Streaming and Recording, set options to stream an event with the service of your choice, record the final output, and record sources. For details, see the following articles.
- Click Done.
- To save the project, choose File > Save As, name the project, select Stream with Assets from the drop-down list, and click Save. For details, see Save and package VEGAS Stream projects to your computer.
Alternatively you can choose to use one of the pre-made templates included with VEGAS Stream. Simply click on one of the options under Template Projects to open it. Please note that this will open an entirely new project so make sure that you save any projects you are working on first.
Once the Template Project is open you can customize the graphics and add the Video and Audio sources that you will be using.
The project's graphics and videos are ready to update with data and preview for the next event. For details, see Broadcast live events.